Thursday, October 9, 2008

Big Ball Baby!!!

The Wednesday before homecoming the girls play Big Ball and it is a big deal here at Bedford. Since I am the senior advisor, I get to coach the kids. I also paint my face (I'm the only staff that does). Seniors always win no matter what happens, it's tradition. There are actually 2 games going on at the same time. The football field is split in half. Seniors have two teams, black and white; juniors have red and grey. Black plays against grey and white plays against red, then they switch at each quarter (4 - 10 minute quarters). Several girls from each team are at the goalpost playing goalies. If the seniors get the ball over the junior goalies they score, and if the juniors get it over the senior goalies they score. Somehow the seniors always win though. We had a big bonfire after the game (thanks to Paul and his team). It was a fun night and I will miss all this when Cheri is in college. I have pictures below of all the festivities. Homecoming is Saturday so check the blog Monday because I will post pictures of that too.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mother and a grandmother (how did that happen?)I am a teacher. I teach English, Yearbook, Speech and Theater, and Zumba. I have taught many other things over the years. I love teaching.