Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summertime and the living is easy....

I am finally out of school and enjoying the freedom to do a ton of chores at the Ramirez Ranch. I started off cleaning my basement and having a huge garage sale. For two days Cheri and I met dozens of characters and sold a ton of stuff. We still have a ton left. I have taken 3 carloads to Lions and Goodwill and still have a couple of carloads left. At least I now know everything that is in this house. I'm still working on the organizing part but it is manageable now. Next I have to do the same thing with the barn. I'm taking a break before tackling that project.

We are working on our backyard now. I haven't taken pictures yet, maybe I will tomorrow. We bought a pool so Cheri and I are excited to get that up so we can float around in it. Paul is making a deck, I am making a rock retaining wall, and then comes the pool, grass, and fence. Lots of work.

We had a sad meal last weekend. Clemente's closed its' doors after 80 years. I've been going there almost 50 of those. For those of you that don't know Clemente's is a bar, restaurant, and 6 lane bowling alley. My Nana and Pupa have been going there forever, as have the rest of us. They have amazing pizza and Italian food. Joe, Rose, and Eddie ran it after their parents quit and they are just getting too old to continue (Eddie died a few years back). Their kids have other careers so it is closing. I bowled there for many years. I think I started bowling there when I was 13. Pupa went there for 2 beers everyday after work and then came home to dinner. Pupa, Mom, and Mike all bowled there too. We would eat dinner every Friday with Nana, Pupa, Mom, me, Kathy, Scott, and Jennifer when we all lived with Nana and Pupa. My Dad always had to have Clemente's pizza when he came into town. I don't think I will ever be able to drive down Fort Street again, at least down that way. They are tearing it down. So very sad but so many wonderful memories.

Saturday my Dad's side of the family had a reunion at Kelly's in Indiana. My Aunt Linda from Tahoe, Uncle Thomas and Aunt Gail from Austin, Kim, Taylor, and Dylan from Chicago, and us from Michigan. Charlie and Kortnie couldn't join us because Charlie had to work. Tara and her gang couldn't be there because her kids have her running this summer. I totally enjoyed Mike and Kelly's girls. Izzy is 2 and Laney is 10 months (I think). Izzy is the most entertaining kid I think I have ever met. She is going to be an entertainer I am sure. Delaney is as sweet as pie and I got my baby fix by cuddling her up. Izzy spent most of the day naked so she could swim and was very comfortable with that. I gave her a Zumba coin skirt and she wore just that while shaking her booty. She was too funny. It was wonderful to catch up with everyone but it wasn't enough time with our loved ones. We all live in different states and our time together is precious.

We met our friends, Terry and Terry, at Summerfest as we do every year. Yes, they named their oldest boy Terry too if you were wondering. Cheri, Alex, and I were trying to win these bunnies at the fair and blew 20 bucks with no luck. The Terrys told us that some friends of theirs had moved and left their dwarf bunny with the Terrys and they were looking for a permanent home for him. Of course we were in the "Awww, these are so cute we want one" stage and said we would take him. So now we have a new bunny. He is the most unique looking bunny I have ever seen. He is very sweet and a bit more confident that Butterscotch was. He loves to explore and isn't afraid of much, even the dogs. We had all the bunny stuff and we have been missing our bunny so this is a good thing. I'm even thinking about getting a pig, maybe some goats, even thinking a horse would be nice. We do live on a farm. You know me and my critters. By the way, Romeo is up to 60 some pounds. I can't lift him anymore to weigh him. He is a Mama's boy and I am happy about that. Cheyenne loves her Daddy. Romeo is all about me. I knew my Newfie would be my soul mate.

I am on a golf league, much to my surprise. My good friend, Debbie, lost her partner and she woke me up and asked me to partner with her and I groggily agreed. I started Monday and had a lot of fun. I shot a 50 on a 9 hole but that is pretty good considering I can't remember the last time I picked up my clubs. I am also teaching some Zumba classes this summer at Jane's work a couple of evenings a week and at Dance Express a couple of mornings a week. I love my Zumba!

I also just found out today that we will get Anna around the 10th or 11th of August. This means she will be here in time to go to Myrtle Beach with us! I am so looking forward to having her here. We have been chatting on facebook and she is a sweetheart. We are going to have a ton of fun. I am so happy her parents are letting her stay with us. I know that won't be easy to have her gone all year.

I hope you are having a wonderful summer!
Love Ya,
Cindy

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mother and a grandmother (how did that happen?)I am a teacher. I teach English, Yearbook, Speech and Theater, and Zumba. I have taught many other things over the years. I love teaching.