Saturday, September 4, 2010

Anna in America, Myrtle Beach, and Greenfield Village

Anna (our exchange student) arrived from Austria on August 10th and we have been in warp speed ever since (Are we ever in any other speed?). She fit right in and we are loving having her with us. She will be here until June.

Paul was in Denver visiting Paul and Jon when Anna got here. They went rock climbing, camping, white water rafting, and did a ton of fun guy things together. Paul isn't the picture taker and he left the white water rafting pictures at Jon's. I'm hoping Jon took some pictures and if I can get some I will post them.

Paul got home Saturday and decided we needed to start our journey to Myrtle Beach that night. We drove all night and got there Sunday afternoon. All I can say about Myrtle Beach is that I loved, loved, loved it. We had so much fun...we being Paul, myself, Charlie, Kortnie, Clint, Amanda, Cheri, Alex, and Anna. The nine of us had the time of our lives. There are plenty of pictures here to prove it. I had to pick and choose because we had so many good pictures. I still posted a boatload. It was fun learning about Anna and helping her adjust to American life. She speaks English very well and has even taught us some German.

When we got back from South Carolina we didn't have time to relax. We had to move Cheri back to Adrian and Anna and I had registration the entire next week. We took yearbook orders and she got to know some people before school starts next Tuesday. We have already had two football games and she went to both, and attended bonfires after the games with my students! I think she is fitting in nicely.

We have made a couple of trips to Greenfield Village since I have a season pass this year. Kortnie, Amanda, and Anna went for the first time. I posted a couple of pictures of that too. Clint and Amanda have spent a lot of time at home since our trip and we are loving their company. Anna and I went up to their apartment last weekend and took a ride to Lake Michigan to check out South Haven and the beach. Cheri is home this weekend so my house never gets empty for long (which I love!). Charlie and Kortnie stop down whenever he is off work too. They were all here to move Cheri into her dorm and will all be here for a pizza party I am having for Anna Monday. Cheri, Alex, Anna, and I are heading to Lisa's lake in the morning (or today since it is 2 in the morning). Paul is off reffing this weekend. I think he has 8 days off this entire month from reffing!

Like I said, we are on warp speed. I will post on our weekend soon. Now this tired old lady needs to hit the hay. Enjoy the pics and I love you!
Cindy

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mother and a grandmother (how did that happen?)I am a teacher. I teach English, Yearbook, Speech and Theater, and Zumba. I have taught many other things over the years. I love teaching.