Thursday, January 15, 2009

I LOVE being a teacher !!!

I am off today because it is too cold to go to school. What other job in the world does that happen? The picture below of Cheyenne and I is a failed attempt I took of us for the yearbook. We are supposed to take fun pictures for our goodbye page and I want one with my dog. I can't seem to get time with Paul or Cheri where I look decent so I tried to take it myself and well...you see the results. I am going to make it a priority this weekend to have one of them take a decent one outside in the snow or somewhere fun. It would be funny if we could get to her giving me a big slobbery kiss. The picture of Cheri and Christina was taken last Friday when they competed in regionals for fashion merchandising in DECA. I can't remember what DECA stands for but it is a club Cheri is in for her marketing class. She is going to states in March. If they win states they go to California to compete for scholarship money. I hope she goes into marketing in college because she is really good at it. She is really good in math too. She is taking pre-calc now. Maybe this will show her how good she really is. I hope you are all staying warm. We are supposed to have -30 wind chill tomorrow (Friday) and Paul said that they cancel school at -20 so I should be off again. Oh yea, I'm off Monday for Martin Luther King Day too. Did I tell you how much I love being a teacher?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mother and a grandmother (how did that happen?)I am a teacher. I teach English, Yearbook, Speech and Theater, and Zumba. I have taught many other things over the years. I love teaching.