Monday, July 13, 2009

Cheri's Grad Party

What a party! After spending a week in Seattle I had 2 days to get it together. Cheri had done a ton of work while we were gone. Paul worked outside and I worked inside and by Sunday we were ready to go. The hit of the party was the MoonBounce (I was hoping it was my food, but what can I say?). I am surprised there were no broken bones. Clint actually got bounced out of the thing! We also broke it and Paul had to fix it (we told the company to bill us for damages - it was worth it). The bouncing went on for hours. Even Cheri's Uncle Steve gave it a try, for about 30 seconds but I have evidence on camera as you will see below.

We had a ton of food and I had lots of help with that too. All of my kids (Amanda is now one of my kids), Gloria, Mom Ramirez, and Honie helped pull that together. They were all a big help Sunday morning since I woke with one of my famous migraines. The decorations didn't last long in the wind but they looked pretty for a few minutes. The DVD that Shane's aunt made also made everyone cry. I took a copy to Seattle and shed some tears there too. That Cheri is loved by many. Cheri and I both made boards of pictures and Cheri gathered up many other high school memories to display. Cheri also made a candy table that the kids and adults loved.

We had people coming and going all day. Along with the MoonBounce, we had cornhole, volleyball, and several other games going on. The best part was having all of our friends and family hanging out here for the day. Oh yea, the day was perfect. It was in the low 80's and windy so it wasn't too hot or too cool, just right (unless you were a decoration).

When it got dark Charlie started the bonfire and we all enjoyed that for several hours. We did a little picking up and headed to bed in the wee hours of the morning. Now here is the best part...On Monday I slept until noon and when I got up Cheri had cleaned everything up and I just relaxed for the rest of the day. Enjoy the pictures and don't forget to look at the Seattle trip pics too.

Love you all,
Cindy

1 comment:

Alana Roberts said...

Cindy,

I though I was the busy one! Your family sounds amazing and you are so lucky to be so close to them all. What a great blog and a great testimony to the memorable moments with them. You go girl!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mother and a grandmother (how did that happen?)I am a teacher. I teach English, Yearbook, Speech and Theater, and Zumba. I have taught many other things over the years. I love teaching.