Monday, July 13, 2009

Visit to my other home in Seattle.

Paul and I spent the 4th in Seattle with my dear friends Paul and Cindy Brady. The weather was sunny for the 4th and 5th so Paul got the wonderful experience of the Puget Sound in the summer. Saturday we spent the day with the Brady's and watched the fireworks from their deck that overlooked the entire valley. We saw dozens of firework displays. Lisa and Tommy (their daughter and son-in-law) brought over the kids, Brady and Lily. The kids got to light their own fireworks and they thought that was really cool. On Sunday Paul and I went up to Mt Rainier and experienced snow in shorts. The entire drive is an amazing view and experience. The rest of the week was cloudy so we visited downtown Seattle (even went to the underground city), and visited friends. Ryan (Clint's best friend) and Tori are stationed out there at the Naval base so we took the ferry over to see them and little Gracie. I helped my friend, Melanie, teach her Zumba class and that was fun. We ate dinner with the Seattle firemen, visited the Space Needle, ate at Ivars, and went to Pike's Place Market. We even took a sailboat ride in the Puget Sound. I took Paul by my old house and the new owners gave us an inside tour, so Paul got to see where I lived for 5 years. I did miss visiting a few dear friends and seeing some of the sights but we simply ran out of time. I guess that means we need to go back again. Remember how I said I would cry when I saw Cindy? Well I did but it was when I left that I totally lost it. Now we are going to stop talking about it because I am tearing up just thinking about it. Enjoy the pictures. I will post pics from Cheri's Grad party soon.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mother and a grandmother (how did that happen?)I am a teacher. I teach English, Yearbook, Speech and Theater, and Zumba. I have taught many other things over the years. I love teaching.