Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cindy's 30 year reunion...

This was one busy weekend for Paul and I. We started out going up to Riverview and tailgaiting at J-Dub's before the Riverview Homecoming football game with about a dozen fellow alumni. The game was very cold but Riverview won and everyone was thrilled. I guess they had only won one other game before Homecoming. I lost my keys at the game and spent a half an hour hunting them down. I finally found them and we headed back to finish tailgating. It was a nice way to reintroduce ourselves after 30 years. I had not been back to the high school since they told me I didn't have to come back.

The big news of Friday night was Bedford won their 6th game which means we are going to playoffs for the first time since 1990!!!! I had people texting me during the game. Riverview and Bedford both won so I was thrilled.

Saturday started off with Paul and I going to Cheri's game in Adrian. It was very cold again and Adrian lost in the 4th quarter by one point. Then, Paul and I headed home to get ready for the 79 reunion. We headed up to the Sportman's Den and enjoyed food, friends, and fun! It was so nice to reconnect with friends I had not seen in so many years. Everyone looked great! There was a video running of pictures from our high school years and that brought back so many fond memories. Paul and I stayed until midnight. He was so sweet because he really didn't know anyone but he stuck it out until I was ready to leave.

Last night had me thinking how wonderful my high school years were. I was friends with many different cliques and seemed to get along with everyone. I dated a couple of classmates, but nothing serious. The people I went to school with were (and are) wonderful people. It was nice to go back to those days and relive them for a weekend. I was very lucky to have been part of the Riverview Class of 79. Thanks for the memories 79 alumni!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mother and a grandmother (how did that happen?)I am a teacher. I teach English, Yearbook, Speech and Theater, and Zumba. I have taught many other things over the years. I love teaching.