Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Speeding Up and Slowing Down

When something happens in our lives that forces us to slow down, I sometimes think God had a hand in it. This happened to me about 2 weeks ago. I was standing on bales of hay (about 4 feet 0ff the ground) and when I pulled a bale down I lost my balance and fell on a weedwacker that is as big as a lawnmower. I have a bulging disc in my back, dislocated my ribs, not to mention the intense bruises. I was off work for a week and quit teaching Zumba until last night. I am finally starting to feel human again but it hasn't been an easy road.

I still made it to Brad and Melissa's wedding reception but only stayed for 2 hours. Brad has been friends with Charlie for years and I had to go even if it was for a short time. I have pictures but most of them were stolen from the kids because I left. Paul and I danced one slow song and I was done. I wish Brad and Melissa all the luck in the world, they were made for one another.

I also have pictures of Anna, Clint, and Amanda cutting the pumpkins. Anna said they have Halloween in Austria but it isn't as big a deal there as it is here. She was excited to go to Erie Orchard, go on a hayride, and in the corn maze. We got apples and have been cooking yummy recipes.

Of course there are pictures of my Cheri cheering. We were invited to a luncheon with her Alpha Phi girls. She was initiated on Sunday. Paul, Anna, and I went to see Katie in Godspell after the luncheon, then we went to eat with Cheri and Alex, then off to the game.

I also have some pics of my critters. Romeo is so big now! His back is as high as the dining room table. He is like a BIG stuffed animal. I can't help but hug him every time he walks by. He doesn't seem to mind that either. I don't have any pics of Jimmy but I have been training him and he is too smart for his own good sometimes. He gets a bit stubborn but he is so much easier than Sunny and Chavez to train. I haven't been on him lately because of my wonderful back injury.

I have a blog for Romeo from his point of view. If you would like to check that one out it is www.romeothenewfie.blogspot.com I also have one I have been keeping to document my training for my 1/2 marathon in April. That blog is www.cindyisarunner.blogspot.com In case you are bored and want to see what crazy things I write for fun.

Love Ya,
Cindy

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mother and a grandmother (how did that happen?)I am a teacher. I teach English, Yearbook, Speech and Theater, and Zumba. I have taught many other things over the years. I love teaching.