Monday, March 15, 2010

Fun Filled Four Days! - Except the migraine

Thursday was an unexpected day off for me. It was really foggy and didn't clear up in time for a two hour delay so we got the day off. I cleaned house and played with the pups all day. They even cancelled Zumba because school was cancelled so I was totally free for the entire day. It was great because I had time to get the house and basement ready for the pizza party I was throwing my yearbook kids Saturday. Have I told you how much I love my job?

Friday didn't start out very well. I woke up with a killer migraine and had to call off work. I literally didn't get out of bed until 3 pm. I was worried because we were supposed to go up to Auburn Hills Palace to watch a Pistons game with Cheri and Alex (new boyfriend from college). I finally felt better and we did get to go. We didn't know it but Paul had gotten a deal on some awesome seats for the game. They were normally $150 seats and he got them for $25. They were right behind the $600 seats on the floor. We even had a waitress to get us whatever we wanted. Alex was sitting right next to where the players come out of and go into the locker room. You can see one of the players going by Alex in a picture below. He got to high five them at the end of the game (they won 101-87 against the Washington Wizards) and he said they were very sweaty so it wasn't all that wonderful - haha. We went out to eat before the game and stopped at Courtney's (Cheri's good friend) Mom's new bar and restaurant on the way home. It was a fun double date night.

Saturday was a busy one because I was having a pizza party for my yearbook kids. One student, Erika, was having a birthday and I told her how I always make my kids homemade pizza for their birthday. She said she wanted me to make it for her and that got the ball rolling. Paul finished our basement rec room and they got to use it for the first time. We had a really good time. Erika's parents came over, as did my friend Lisa, since Lisa and Erika's dad are first cousins. I think I told you that I am pretty sure that Lisa is related to everyone in the Southeast Michigan and Northwest Ohio region. After I made the pizzas I went down and played the golf card game with the kids and they stayed until about 9 pm. It was fun and now I have promised to do this for my newspaper kids because they caught wind of it and were jealous.

I slept most of Sunday away except for playing with the pups. I got some funny pictures of them playing and some cute ones of my Romeo. He gained 4 pounds in 5 days. When I got him 2 weeks ago he was 8 pounds, now he is 15 pounds! I can't believe how big he has gotten. I am still crazy about him. Cheyenne and Romeo are starting to play more and more. Sometimes Romeo gets on Cheyenne nerves and I am surprised how much she puts up with! She better put him in his place because he is going to bigger than her in a few months!!!

Love you all and Happy Spring!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mother and a grandmother (how did that happen?)I am a teacher. I teach English, Yearbook, Speech and Theater, and Zumba. I have taught many other things over the years. I love teaching.