Sunday, March 21, 2010

March Birthday Weekend!!!

Phewwwwww - This was a busy four days! Thursday was Kortnie's (Charlie's girlfriend) 25th birthday and we celebrated at Outback. Cheri even joined us for dinner. We got Kortnie a birthday sundae but she wouldn't let anyone sing to her. I sang to her on facebook so she was covered.

Friday was the end of a busy week. We had the time change, finals, the start of the new trimester, and grades...not to mention teaching Zumba and a killer head cold. I didn't even bowl Wednesday because I was so sick. I was ready for some fun so we went out with the teachers for "Book Club." That is what we call a teachers' night out. Once we got home Cheri and Alex stopped by for a visit. Teachers are done with their night out by about 6 or 7 pm. Clint and Amanda got in Friday night for the girls' birthday celebrations.

Saturday was Lindsey's 19th birthday. Lindsey is Amanda's sister so she is family. I slept in so I missed lunch but Paul and I met Clint, Amanda, Lindsey, Fred, and Teresa for a movie and dinner. Fred and Teresa are Amanda and Lindsey's parents...family too. We saw Bounty Hunter, very funny, and ate at Outback again. I didn't have to have my arm twisted to eat there again because it is my favorite restaurant. We went over Fred and Teresa's for cake and ice cream. I brought Romeo over to play with their dog, Abby. I think they had a fun play date.

Sunday was Cheri's 19th birthday and we had a dinner party here with Amanda's family and my Mom and Mike. Charlie and Kortnie couldn't be here because Charlie works all weekends. His days off are in the middle of the week. Cheri's boyfriend, Alex, was here too. I made Cheri's favorites, Fettuccine Alfredo, and I made her strawberry cheesecake instead of a cake. I made the cheesecake in cupcake cups. I had never done that before. We weren't quite sure how to eat them, but we figured it out. I can't believe Cheri is 19 years old! I told her next year she becomes my sister. I also told Paul that when the kids turn 30 they are his kids.

I, of course, added some new pictures of Romeo. He is growing so fast! We have had him 3 weeks and when we got him he weighed 8 pounds, now he weighs 19 pounds!!! I am charting his growth on my dining room wall. He made it through the entire day without an accident in the house! That makes Mommy very happy. I know, I seriously need grandkids. I have pictures of Cheyenne and Vader too. Vader is 12 years old now and he acts more like an old man than a cat. He hates both dogs but they don't seem to care.

Enjoy the pics and I love you all!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mother and a grandmother (how did that happen?)I am a teacher. I teach English, Yearbook, Speech and Theater, and Zumba. I have taught many other things over the years. I love teaching.