Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Relaxing Weekend...

I had a stress free weekend and it was really nice for a change. Friday I rented "Precious" and "The Box" and they were both really good. "Precious" was intense, but worth it. "The Box" freaked me out but Paul said it was dumb. It was just nice to have a movie night on the couch.

Saturday was a Girls' Day for Cheri and I. We went to get a mani and a pedi, with the foot/hand massage and the works. It was very relaxing. Paul and I went to dinner with our good friends, Debbie and John. After dinner we went back to their house and played Euchre with several other friends. It was a fun date night.

On Sunday, I practiced Zumba with one of my students, Christy. She has taken the classes to become an instructor and I was showing her how to set up her classes. She is going to get her feet wet by doing two songs in our next Zumba session. She also wants to co-teach with me her first year. I'm ready to pick up a few more classes. She is going to be a great teacher!

After practice, Paul and I started cleaning out the basement. I told Paul that we never need to go shopping because anything we need is somewhere in our house or barn. I figured out we have stuff from Paul, myself, PIII, Jon, Charlie, Clint, Cheri, Chuck, my Dad, my Nana, as well as random things from other deceased relatives; no wonder I am overwhelmed. We are going to clean out the basement then have a garage sale. Next, we will clean out the barn and have a barn sale. Our property is like a big garage sale. I have students that are willing to help me clean the barn for a cut of the sales. I'm taking them up on that! I can't find the stuff I want because of all the stuff I don't want. I have a garage sale pile, my stuff to organize pile, Paul's stuff to organize pile, the kids stuff to organize pile, and a "save for the grandkids" pile. We have two areas cleaned and organized...only four more areas to go...wish me luck! I forgot to mention we have already had 3 garage sales in the past few years, as well as several trips to the auction house and Goodwill. I have to get rid of all this useless crap because I have enough stuff that I refuse to part with.

Monday was Lisa and my last visit to Jenny Craig. Lisa lost 16.8 pounds and I lost 13.8. Now we are going to do it on our own and do a weekly check in here at the high school. We will weigh in at the weight room and check each other's food and exercise logs. Last night we power walked, did the stairs in the gym, sprinted the short halls, and did lunges down another hall. It was kick butt and we are sore today. I talked her into joining Zumba for the next session so between Zumba and our power workouts, we should be able to take care of the last few pounds we need to work on.

On Monday night I went to dinner with two dear friends from college. They were there for me during my divorce and we have stayed close. When we were in college Karen didn't have kids, Dawn's kids were tiny, and my kids were teens and preteens. Now mine are grown, Dawn's kids are teens, and Karen's are little. Funny how time ticks on. Renee also went with us but isn't in the picture (she took it). I work with Renee and when I went to Karen's baby shower she was there; we didn't even know we both knew her. I invited Renee to dinner to surprise Karen. It was a ton of fun.

The pictures are of my girls' night out, Paul's dogs begging, my old man Vader, and one from Cheri's birthday that was from Teresa's camera and I just got it...Enjoy! Love You!!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mother and a grandmother (how did that happen?)I am a teacher. I teach English, Yearbook, Speech and Theater, and Zumba. I have taught many other things over the years. I love teaching.