Saturday, October 1, 2011

Two is better than one...

I have been floating on a cloud these days. A few weeks ago we found out that Cheri is going to have a baby and then we find out that Amanda is too. I have never felt more blessed in my life. Two little additions to our family and our lives will forever change for the better. I am so ready to be a Nana. I am already shopping and planning. I cannot wait to see them and hold them both. My Cheri a mother and my Clint a father, this day seemed like some distant dream but now it is reality. They are both going to be wonderful parents. I will keep you posted...literally.

The following pictures are a few fun times we have had. We have been getting together for family dinners at Mom's and here . I did a 5K Race for the Cure for breast cancer with my two good friends, Lori and Cris. We had so much fun I definitely want to make it a yearly event. I walked this year because my friends did but I would really like to run it next year. I have a picture of John and Cheri. John has been a part of our lives for many years. If you look back to the very first picture on this blog, he is in it. He is the one without a wig. The boys were all painted and dressed up to cheer on the cheerleaders at a competition. I just think it is funny he is in it and now him and Cheri are having a baby.

If you are wondering, Cheri will finish school. She is due April 27th and that is the last day of her finals...cutting it close but I'm sure it will all work out. Next year, her senior year, she will commute (Adrian is only 45 minute away) and we will play "pass the baby" while she is in class. She should have a light load since she has been taking the most credits she can and received 8 credits for going to Oxford this summer. John owns Monette's Market with his dad and they both said they will work out a schedule so he can take the baby while she is at school. I am off at 2:30 so I can take the baby then. Paul said he would take vacation days if we needed him to watch him/her. John is so excited he has already cleared out a room in his house for the baby. It will be a challenge for Cheri but she isn't the only one that went to college while raising a child and she has a ton of help. She is still cheering for football season but she isn't flying and this will be her last season. That will be sad but I'm sure the baby will make up for that.

Amanda is now working at Knight's Academy in Toledo and her baby will come at the end of the school year. That will work out well because she will be off all summer with the little one. Teaching is a great career when you have a child. What they do when she goes back is still up in the air. We will worry about getting her through the first trimester before we think about that. Clint is all for being a stay-home dad. He is so excited and ready for this baby. What a wonderful little family this baby is coming into.

The next chapter is my life is here and I am welcoming it with open arms...literally.

Love you.....

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mother and a grandmother (how did that happen?)I am a teacher. I teach English, Yearbook, Speech and Theater, and Zumba. I have taught many other things over the years. I love teaching.