Monday, May 7, 2012

Jayden is here!!!!!

I can not even explain how I have felt since this little guy arrived. I am happy, content, in love, and excited all at once. I forget for a minute he is here and then I see his face and get those feelings all over again. I have pictures of him at work, on my phone, and on my computer screen. I can't get enough of his face.

People have always told me how wonderful being a grandparent is and I tried to imagine it but it was nothing compared to feeling the actual love swell in my heart. He is the most beautiful baby in the entire world right now (that is only because Liam hasn't arrived yet).

We weren't sure if Jayden's birthday would be May 1st or May 2nd. Cheri, John, and I arrived at Toledo Hospital at 8 am on May 1st for Cheri to be induced. Everything was ready to go except Jayden. He took his sweet time and did not arrive until May 2nd, right after midnight, 12:09 A.M. to be exact, weighing in at 8 pounds 7 ounces and 21 inches long. No one dreamed he would be that big coming out of little Cheri but she did great and he is here. He is happy and healthy and a really good little baby.

When he got here everyone was at the hospital: John, Cheri, me, Paul, Charlie, Clint, Amanda, JD, Linda, Grandma Monnette, Ashley, and Cody. John, Linda, me, and of course Cheri were all there during the delivery. I have never seen a baby born when I wasn't the one delivering the baby. I cried my eyes out. It was beautiful. Everyone left an hour or so after he arrived except for Charlie and me and we got Cheri, John, and Jayden settled in their new room and Charlie and I left about 3 in the morning. I was up at 7 and back to the hospital to spend the day helping my little guy welcome his birthday. I finally went back to work on Thursday and counted the minutes until I could get back to Jayden. Friday they came home and I went and made dinner for the new family. Saturday Clint and Amanda went over to watch Jayden and let Mommy get some much needed sleep (he isn't sleeping much at night). I took Sunday's shift to give Mommy a break and I made dinner again. Today I have parent-teacher conferences so I won't see him much if at all today but tomorrow is my birthday and we are taking him on his first outing out to dinner. He is the best birthday in the world.

That has been my life the past week. The best part is I get to do it all over again in about 4 weeks when Liam gets here! Amanda asked her mom and me to be in the delivery room with her and Clint. I am super excited to be a part of Liam's first moments of life. Stayed tuned...

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mother and a grandmother (how did that happen?)I am a teacher. I teach English, Yearbook, Speech and Theater, and Zumba. I have taught many other things over the years. I love teaching.