Friday, September 25, 2009

Some more forgotten pictures...Melanie and Anne Marie

I was looking through all my pictures of this year and realized I had forgotten some important events. When in Washington State I helped Melanie teach her Zumba class and Paul took some pictures. Melanie has been my friend since 1989 when I moved to Bonney Lake. She was assigned to me, from our pastor, to be my friend since I was new in the area. Her and I were pregnant with our youngest kids together and our kids played together. We have stayed friends even after I moved to Michigan in 1994.

I also met my dear friend Anne Marie in PA when she was there camping. She lives in Massachusetts and camps every year. This camp is for SCA and they dress in pre-17th century clothing and create kingdoms. It sounds like a ton of fun! We have known each other since we were 12 or 13 and both lived in Portsmouth Rhode Island. We lost each other for four years because her husband died and she moved. I remarried and I moved. We found one another on facebook earlier this year and we both sobbed when we found one another again. It is kinda funny that she had two boys and a girl just like I did and our kids are very close in age. I was her maid of honor in her first wedding and she was mine in my first wedding. I found a picture of us at Chuck and my wedding and put it on here. We may be older, but within two minutes we were the old Cindy and Anne again. We really haven't changed that much at all.

These were two big events for me this year. These are a few more people in my life that have been promoted to "family" status...along with many others that have been posted on this blog.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mother and a grandmother (how did that happen?)I am a teacher. I teach English, Yearbook, Speech and Theater, and Zumba. I have taught many other things over the years. I love teaching.