Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Wonderful Saturday in September...

Today Cheri's college (Adrian) played Shane's college (Defiance) in Defiance. Paul and I went down to watch the game. The strangest part was talking to Shane's family and then have to separate to opposite sides of the football field. We are used to being together and cheering for our kids together. It was really weird. Anyway, Adrian won but I cheered for both teams and could have cared less who actually won. I was in heaven because I got to watch Cheri cheer and we also got to see Shane play for his college team. I took a bunch of pictures of Cheri with the Adrian Bulldog because we were right in front and the dog was acting silly with the cheerleaders. The last picture is of Cheri and Shane in their new uniforms...like I said, weird.

Paul and I also met Charlie and Kortnie at the Dog House after the football game. Charlie has been into motorcycles lately and recently bought a Harley. Charlie and Kortnie were in a Poker Bike Run that went 80 miles to raise money for the favorite charity of a biker that was killed in an accident four years ago. His wife bowls with my league and she was bowling with us the night he was killed. It was a stupid accident. Some guy pulled out of a trailer park about a mile from my house and didn't see the bike. Anyway, the run ended at the Dog House, which is a tavern down the street from Charlie's apartment. It is owned by his good friend, Kerri, and her parents, Cindy and Gary. I've gotten close to Kerri in the past couple years, and I am in love with her little baby, Natalie. The baby had to have heart surgery a couple of weeks ago and I went to the hospital to keep Kerri and Cindy company until it was over. Charlie and Kortnie came up to the hospital too. They watch Natalie every once in a while for Kerri. The little sweetheart came through with flying colors I am happy to say. I think I have fallen in love with her because I was supposed to have a little granddaughter this summer. I just spoil her and it gives me my baby fix. Kerri has a little boy, Thomas, too so if I need to play Grandma I can just hang out with her. Luckily Kerri's Mom shares. (PS the pic of Charlie and Kortnie was staged - they wear helmets when they are actually on the road)

This empty nest syndrome really sucks by the way! Today was great because I spent it with Paul and at least 2 of my kids (4 if you count Shane and Kortnie). Most days I am moping around looking for something to keep me busy. School is back in session and I am glad. Bowling started last week and I start teaching Zumba again on the 22nd. That will keep me busy Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Paul has been reffing soccer quite a bit and I hate being alone! It will just take getting used to. I told Paul today that I think I need a puppy. Well, I actually said that Cheyenne needs a friend but Cheyenne could care less. Yesterday we had a pep rally at the school and I walked in the gym, took one look at the cheerleaders, and ran out of the gym in tears! I felt like an idiot but I couldn't stop them. I went and sat in the attendance office until I got it together and went back in the pep rally. I'm such a crybaby.

Next weekend we are going to Denver to see Jonathan. We are taking Paul's parents and Jane, Mel, and Janette are meeting us out there. Jon wants us to meet Hannah's parents in Golden. Must mean it is getting really serious : ) Anyway, we also get to see Paul's nephews and their families. JC and Robin are having a birthday party for little Paul because his 5th birthday is Sunday. We will go visit Sam and Chris and the girls too (my Maya girl!!!). It will be a busy weekend and I am really excited about that. Looks like Jon is going to be staying out there so the Denver trip is one we will be making on a regular basis.

Enjoy the pictures and I love you all,
Cindy

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mother and a grandmother (how did that happen?)I am a teacher. I teach English, Yearbook, Speech and Theater, and Zumba. I have taught many other things over the years. I love teaching.