Sunday, September 13, 2009

Washington DC Trip in April....Forgot to post pics!

Before you look at the pictures from this weekend, I posted some from our DC trip. I don't know why I forgot to post them earlier. We (Paul, myself, Jane, and Mel) took Paul's parents to DC so his dad could visit the World War II Memorial. He actually was greeted by soldiers that were honoring WWII vets. It was an emotional day for him. Mel visited the Vietnam Memorial too. I found the name of the Vietnam guy I wore a missing in action bracelet for when I was young (Robert R. Sennett-still missing). We met up with PIII's half sister, Sarah, and she was our tour guide because she lives and works in DC. We also met up with Paul's sister, Sue, from Sarasota because she was there with her band students. Sue is the Assistant Principal and her students were playing at several locations in DC.

We also went to Baltimore to visit Paul's brother Jim, Monica, and the kids (Dominic and Melina). They moved to Baltimore this year and we already miss them. I let Dominic take a bunch of pictures with my camera and I posted some of the funny ones. He took a picture of his face close up like the high school kids do, a picture of Grink's belly, and I taught him about close ups and he took one of his mom. Too cute! It was a fun road trip.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a mother and a grandmother (how did that happen?)I am a teacher. I teach English, Yearbook, Speech and Theater, and Zumba. I have taught many other things over the years. I love teaching.